This comprehensive three-day barista training master class is recommended for experienced baristas interested in increasing their skills and understanding of the craft of espresso preparation.
Attendees will explore:
- The impact that coffee's growing climate, processing, decaffeination, roasting, and storage have on the sensory aspects of coffee
- The sensory characteristics of various organic acids and the basic tastes
- Blend development and interactions with milk
- Strategies for predicting how a coffee may respond to the espresso process for quicker recipe development
- Key features and technologies of the modern espresso machine
- The impact of brewing temperature and pressure variations on brewed espresso
- Techniques for producing high-quality latte art
- Advanced workflow approaches to smoothly and efficiently prepare multiple-drink orders
- The impact of water chemistry on the flavor of coffee and health of espresso equipment
- Common water treatment solutions
- Cafe cost of goods sold calculation
Brady Butler, Authorized SCA Trainer
This course is delivered over three days through a combination of online webinars via Zoom and in-person classes at Pure Intentions Coffee Skills Campus in Charlotte, North Carolina
Attendees who complete this Specialty Coffee Association CSP Course and pass the Written and Practical exams will receive the SCA Barista Skills Professional Certificate. Course fees include all exam fees.
Successful completion of SCA Barista Intermediate is required prior to attending this course. By registering for this course, you agree that you meet this prerequisite requirement.
Specialty Coffee Association, Barista, Roasters, and Technicians Guild members in good standing at the time of certificate request are eligible for a course discount. Discount code must be requested prior to registration. No refunds will be given if membership status changes.
IMPORTANT: Please review the Pure Intentions Coffee Skills Campus Personal Conduct, Cancellation, and Course Policies before registering for any course. Paid registration for any course indicates that the attendee has read and agrees to abide by these policies.